The Bill Evans Legacy Organization
The Bill Evans Legacy Organization was formed in April of 2012 to serve as a meeting ground for Bill Evans fans to contribute directly to the preservation and promotion of the musical legacy of Jazz Icon Bill Evans. The first fan I contacted was Rob Rijneke, the venerable host of www.billevans.nl an amazing site devoted to all things Bill. I asked him to join me on the creation of the content for this initial page I had created for facebook. Which can be accessed here:
Through this page I have met many artists, musicians, fans and personal friends of Bill’s. I have seen Bill immortalized in music, art, and literature. His impact on humanity continues to widen, and I am enjoying this creative dialogue immensely.
The portrait of Bill at the top of this post is by an Italian artist Mauro Modin, whom I had the opportunity to meet last week . A beautiful example of the introspection that many associate with Bill. His work can be found here : Mauro Modin/Studio
If you are interested in becoming a part of this organization on any level, if these thoughts and ideas resonate with you in any way, please feel free to make suggestions and comments below. It is my intention to create an open platform for these ideas to emerge.
A few idea’s have been presented thus far.
1. Global Bill Evans Festival.
2. Documentary film.
3. Tribute Concert to raise money for a scholarship in Bill’s name.
4. Published transcriptions of his entire recorded works by Pascal Wetzel.
5. Permanent Home for Bill’s Piano, manuscripts, and other archives.
6. Public statue, plaque, street, park, stamp or a parking spot next to the Village Vanguard, NYC (one of my personal favorites)
We can do them all…but I am interested in hearing more ideas.
All is Love